Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....212
2. People praise you for what they suppose is in you; but you must blame your soul for what you know is in it.
3. When He lets praise of you burst forth, and you are not worthy of it, praise Him for what He is worthy of.
4. Your desire that people know your particular distinction is a proof of insincerity in your servanthood.
5. Make mankind's looking at you disappear by being content with God's looking at you!
6. Slip away from people's approach to you by contemplating His approach to you.
7. He who knows God contemplates Him in everything.
8. He who is extinguished by Him is absent from everything.
9. He who loves Him prefers nothing to Him.
10. Sometimes you will find more benefit in states of need than you will find in fasting or ritual prayer. [Above quotes by Ibn Ata'Allah]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:09 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
JazaakAllah khair ukhti. u help renew my iman everyday. i will do dua for you inshAllah
i pray 2 ALLAH 2 REWARD WITH JANATUL FIRDAUS AMEEN
Post a Comment