Friday, December 18, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....211
2. Your best moment is the one wherein you witness your actual indigence and, through it, reach the reality of your lowliness.
3. When He loosens your tongue with a request, then know that He wants to give you something.
4. Whoever supposes that His gentleness is separate from His Decree of Fate does so out of shortsightedness.
5. Do not press claims against your Lord because your request has been delayed; instead, press claims against yourself for slackening in your behavior.
6. When He makes you submissive to His commands outwardly and provide you with resignation to His power inwardly, then He has truly enhanced the favor accorded you.
7. He commanded you in this world to reflect upon His creations; but in the Hereafter He will reveal to you the perfection of His essence.
8. Ritual prayer is a purification for hearts and an opening-up of the door of the invisible domains.
9. Ritual prayer is the place of intimate conversations and a mine of reciprocal acts of purity wherein the regions of innermost being are expanded.
10. He knew the existence of weakness in you, so He made the number of ritual prayers small; and He knew of your need of His grace, so He multiplied their fruitful results. [Above quotes by Ibn Ata' Allah]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:36 AM