Tuesday, December 01, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....206
2. Each and every part of the world is a snare for the fool and a means of deliverance for the wise.
3. When patience and intellect go, your ego incites to evil.
4. The sensual ego is blind and deaf to God.
5. All the disgraceful qualities derive from water and clay. Once the mirror of your heart becomes pure and clear, you will see pictures from beyond the domain of water and clay.
6. The saints have polished their breasts until cleansed of greed, cupidity, avarice, and hatred. Without doubt the pure mirror is the heart acting as a receptacle for infinite pictures.
7. Things become clear through their opposites. God created suffering and heartache so that joyful -heartedness might appear through its opposite.
8. No opposite can be known without its opposite. Having suffered a blow, you will know a caress.
9. There is no absolute evil in the world, for evil is relative-----know this also:
The snakes venom is life for the snake, but death in relation to man.
Creatures of water see the ocean as garden, creatures of earth see it as death and torment.
Nothing God has created is in vain, whether wrath, or forbearance, sincere council or guile.
None of these things is absolutely good, none absolutely evil.
The benefit and harm each depends upon the situation.
For this reason knowledge is necessary and useful. [Spiritual Teachings of Mawlana Rumi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:26 AM