Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....179
2. Text without context is pretext.
3. The tawaf is about Ibrahim, the sa'ee is about Hajira, olny in Islam is a woman an initiator of a form of worship.
4. The hijab is indeed an amulet (ta'weez) which wards off the evil eye.
5. Guilt is a warning.
6. It's called the consumer society because it consumes us.
7. Islam is a hidden treasure to be known.
8. Courtesy and knowledge are like two hands washing each other.
9. Only in unity can suffering find no place.
10. Buying is more American than thinking. [Above quotes by Shaykh Abdul Hakeem Murad]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I think some problems with the sayings of Shaykh Abdul Hakeem Murad.
1. The measure of acceptance is 100% prescribed, there can be/are no short cuts in the standard OF Namaz.
2. When Islam teaches and tells you that all forms of worships are only for ALLAH (the God of the Gods) then how can HE show someone to worship someone or something else. I think this point is totally INCORRECT.
3. After reading the first two, my minded got alerted and i read 3rd with more scrutiny. Feel free to challange my interpretation ( i could be wrong) that 3rd point is more towards hiding the evil in the said veil. Text without the context and reference is a pretext.
8. Courtesy and Knowledge are not like two hands. They are seperate flowers of a 6 Flowered Bouquet of understanding Islam. Courtesy is "IKRAM-E-MUSLIM" and knowledge has its place with discussion in "ILM-o-ZIKR". They are not for washing hands, but they are to WASH HEARTS. The 6 points in understanding/knwoing/believing Islam are:
1. Kalima : la ilaha illlallaho muhammadur rasoollulallah
2. Namaz : 5 times, as prescribed
3. Ilm-o-Zikr : Knowledge & Discussion
4. Ikram-e-Muslim : Conduct of a Muslim
5. Ikhlas-e-Niat : Courtesy of/and Correction of Intention
6. Dawat-o-Tableeg : Inviting and Conveying Allah's and Muhammad (P.B.U.H)'s message.
Inviting and Conveying Allah's and Muhammad (P.B.U.H)is a FARZ on us MUSLIMS as Muhammad told and ordered HIS audience to do for the absentees, and for absentees to the other absentees.
In His Last Sermon Prohpet Muhammad said " All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness oh Allah that I have conveyed your message to your people.
What matters now is "may the LAST ONES understand my words better than those who listen to me directly".
Post a Comment