Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....124
2. Showing patience in adversity is difficult, but safeguarding the fruits of patience is even more so.
3. The changing of the times is always strange, but being heedless throughout them is even more so.
4. The unfolding of your affairs is always imminent, but the arrival of death is even more so.
5. Shyness and modesty of men is an excellent virtue, but the shyness and modesty of women is even more so.
7. Repentance of an old man is a wonderful thing, but that of the youth is even more so.
8. The generosity of a prince is an exalted affair, but that of a peasant is even more so.
9. The sin of the youth is a grave thing indeed, but that committed by an old man is even more so.
10. The fools indulgence in petty worldliness is an evil thing, but the indulgence of the learned is even more so. [All the above quotes by Abu Bakr Radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:35 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment