Sunday, August 03, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....75
2. Leisure is the time for doing something useful.
3. The great end of life is not knowledge but action.
4. Learn to be patient, for whoever is out of patience, is out of possession of their soul.
5. Peace and justice are the two sides of the same coin; if we do not maintain justice, justice will not maintain us.
6. In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior.
7. The doors of wisdom are never shut, the doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of our own ignorance.
8. There is a difference between happiness and wisdom, he who thinks himself the happiest man is really so; but he who things himself the wisest is generally the greatest fool.
9. Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
10. Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, who don't have brains enough to be honest.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:59 AM