Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 296
2. Thankfulness for blessings is the condition for attaining more blessings, and ingratitude for blessings is the condition for losing them.
3. Death is always a silent companion.
4. There is no age which does not have its calamities hidden in its every moment.
5. The heights of felicity are reached through the breaking of bad habits.
6. The wise attain honor through their humbleness, whereas the fool bears humiliation through his haughtiness.
7. Regret over misdeeds erases them, and pride over good deeds ruins them.
8. Vain desires is a ruinous companion, and bad habits make up a formidable foe.
9. The intellect of a man lies hidden behind his tongue.
10. To panic during a calamity is itself a greater calamity. [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:06 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment