Wednesday, February 02, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 292
2. How strange is the one who recognizes the evanescence of the world yet longs after it tirelessly!
3. How strange is the one who believes in destiny yet cries over the loss of that which is fleeting!
4. How strange is the one who knows Reckoning to be true and yet goes on hoarding ceaselessly!
5. Silence -- the best remedy for anger.
6. Over indulging in the fleeting pleasures leads to a decrease in what is to be enjoyed in the eternal realm to come.
7. Wanting more when sufficient sustenance and well-being has been given is also a form of complaint.
8. Seek not to burden anyone of God's creature with it be something large or small.
9. Dunya -- any action undertaken without Allah's pleasure as its goal.
10. This world is merely a way station which Allah has placed on the road of those travelling to Him. [Above quotes by Othman radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:43 AM