1. Speak the truth wherever you are, do not make many oaths even if you are a truthful person.
2. Do not argue, even if you are right.
3. Beware of excessive speech, even if you are eloquent.
4. Beware of ostentation (in religion), even if you are a scholar.
5. Know the ruling concerning what you say before you speak.
6. Accommodate people as long as you do not compromise your religion by doing so.
7. Treat people with good character and avoid hypocrisy in all situations.
8. Do not be too shy to say, "God knows best," concerning something you lack knowledge of.
9. Do not reveal you secrets to everyone, and do not give a person more credit that he deserves.
10. Reverence the gatherings of the scholars, know the value of spiritual sages. [Above quotes by Imam Harith al Muhasibi]