1. The surest path to salvation for the servant lies in acting on the basis of knowledge, allowing his fear to be a source of caution in religious matters, and being sufficed by God, Mighty and Majestic.
2. Work diligently to reform your state, acknowledge your need for your Lord, and rise above entertaining doubtful matters.
3 Decrease your dependency on people, love for them what you love for yourself, and hate for them what you hate for yourself.
4. Never consider any sin to be insignificant, never divulge a secret, never reveal what God has concealed.
5. Never contemplate committing a sin, and never persistently commit a minor transgression.
6. Seek refuge in God during every time of need, acknowledge your need for Him in every situation, and rely on Him in every affair.
7. Do not be content to wait for good to come to you.
8. Constantly thank God and seek His forgiveness abundantly.
9. Reflect on your thoughts, and prepare for tribulations with sound knowledge.
10. Isolate your whimsical inclinations. [Above quotes by Imam Harith al Muhasibi]