Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....161
2. Treat the members of your family with love and respect, because they are people toward whom you turn when in trouble or in need. [Ali radi Allah anhu]
3. O' Son of Adam, you are but a few days; whenever a day is gone, part of you is too. [Hasan al Basri]
4. Allah likes most the person who is saddened by the slightest misfortune of another. [Shaykh Zulfiqar]
5. Do not delude yourself into thinking that your children will attend to you and be kind to you without you having done that for your parents. [Shaykh Zulfiqar]
6. Do not fall into the delusion that you will always remain strong, young and wealthy, and that you will stop sinning after sinning a few times. [Shaykh Zulfiqar]
7. Just like stagnant, standing water becomes a breeding ground for filth, an empty and carefree mind becomes a hive for useless and scorn thoughts. [Shaykh Zulfiqar]
8. God does not open the treasures of His extraordinary graces, except to those who make the sacrifice of their ego. [Ibn Ata'Allah]
9. Happiness with God means a peaceful attitude in the face of vicissitudes of fate; and by a state that makes God happy means the fact of conforming to what He commands and what He forbids. [Shaykh Abul Hasan al Shadhili]
10. Travel toward your Lord even though you are lame and broken---------through sincerity and obedience to Him alone. [Ibn Abbad]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:52 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
JazaakAllah kahir - loved these!!
Post a Comment