Friday, May 01, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....153
2. He who knows that all matters are in God's hands is recollected through trust in Him.
3. The intelligent man is more joyous over the Permanent (i.e. Akhirah) than he is over the evanescent (i.e. this world).
4. If the eye of heart sees that God is One in His blessings, the law requires nevertheless that thanks be given to His creatures.
5. The intelligent one is he who knows Allah, His commands and His prohibitions.
6. When one conforms himself to the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings upon him), God illumines his heart with the light of intimate knowledge.
7. Nothing benefits the heart more than a spiritual retreat, where it enters the domain of meditation.
8. The source of every disobedience, indifference, and passion is self-satisfaction.
9. The source of every obedience, vigilance, and virtue is dissatisfaction with one's self.
10. Your being at the look out for the vices hidden within you is better than your being on the look out for the invisible realities veiled from you. [Above quotes by Ibn Ata'Allah]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:54 AM