Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....154
2. Over come your egos that you may be saved from the snares that devoured kings and paupers alike. [Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani]
3. A servant is never free of either blunders or shortcomings or lassitude; therefore never be neglectful of repentance, and never turn away from the act of returning to God the Exalted, and never neglect acts that bring you closer to God the Exalted. [Shaykh Ahmad al Zarruq]
4. The one who makes gracious patience the foundation of all his affairs turns to every goodness, reaches every thing that he hopes for, and wins all that he seeks. [Imam al Haddad]
5. In the end, it is the matter of hearts. The heart that is alive has a sense of eternity, and knows that the infinite is greater than the finite. [Shaykh Nuh Keller]
6. The heart that is dead follows the trends of the trend makers because it has turned its back on the Divine and forgotten endless time. [Shaykh Nuh Keller]
7. Do not use your energy except for a cause more nobler than yourself. [Ibn Hazm]
8. Anyone who uses his energy for the sake of the vanities of the world is like someone who exchanges gems for gravel. [Ibn Hazm]
9. The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is Paradise. [Ibn Hazm]
10. Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need. [Khalil Jibran]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:03 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Can I just say JazaakAllah for the site it is so beneficial. May it be a continual source of blessings for you.
Post a Comment