Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....159
2. Know that the hearing and sight are two open doors; whatever enters through them reaches the heart. [Imam al Haddad]
3. The sincere person is the one who hides his good deeds just like he hides his evil deeds. [Yaqub al Ma'foof]
4. Do not rely on vain hopes, because vain hopes are the assets of idiots and fools. [Ali radi Allah anhu]
5. If you cannot be of benefit to the people, then do not harm them; if you cannot make them happy, then do not make them sorrowful; if you cannot praise them, then do not disparage them. [Yahya ibn Mu'adh]
6. Wisdom is the name of the trait of remembering experiences and making use of them. The best experience is the one that gives the best warning and advice. [Ali radi Allah anhu]
7. Take advantage of the opportunities before they turn their backs upon you; the worst form of folly is to waste the opportunities of this life and to lose salvation. [Ali radi Allah anhu]
8. Treat with consideration and kindness those over whom you have power and authority. [Ali radi Allah anhu]
9. Keep a complete control over your temper and anger, because I have never found anything more beneficial at the end and more productive of good results than such control. [Ali radi Allah anhu]
10. Be mild, pleasant, and lenient with him who is harsh, gross, and strict with you; gradually he will turn to your way of behavior. [Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:39 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful and truthful.
Post a Comment