Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....160
2. Do not disappoint a person who holds a good opinion of you, and do not make him change his opinion of you.
3. Do not run after the one who tries to avoid you.
4. Do not get too worried and depressed over oppressions and cruelties, because whoever oppresses you is in reality harming himself.
5. The greatest achievement of your character is that the enmity of your brother against you dare not overcome the consideration and friendship you feel toward him, and his ill-treatment of you cannot over balance your kind treatment to him.
6. Do not be like the people on whom advice has no effect and who require punishment to correct themselves.
7. A true friend is one who speaks well of you even behind your back---------be a true friend.
8. He who wants to retain his prestige and position through contentment and honesty, will find them lasting assets.
9. Weaknesses and shortcomings are not the things to talk about.
10. Do not introduce ridiculous topics in your talk even if you have to repeat sayings of others. [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:15 AM