Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....156
2. There is nothing more beneficial to a Muslim's heart than to mix with the righteous and to watch their actions, while nothing is more harmful to the heart than mixing with the sinners and watching their actions. [Ahmad bin Harb]
3. Knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity. [Imam al Ghazali]
4. Iblis said: "If I am successful in persuading man to do three things, then that is sufficient for me to ruin him--------to make him forget his sins, to regard his good deeds as too many, and to be proud of his opinion". [Dirar ibn Murrah]
5. The men of the elite are only distinguished from the normal men by the battle they wage against their individual souls. [Ibn Ajiba]
6. Allah sometimes takes us into troubled waters not to drown us, but to cleanse us. [Arabic Proverb]
7. Be more concerned for the acceptance of your action than you are for the action. An action with fearful obedience will not be little. How could an action which is accepted be little?
8. True repentance entails constant regret of your sins. Without remorse, good deeds, be they abounding, could be eclipsed with pride that follows piety. [Al Hujwiri]
9. Remorse for a sin is superior to good works. Never forget your transgressions to save yourself from conceit. [Al Hujwiri]
10. Sit with those of this world, and you become a speck in its sea. Sit with those of Allah, and the world becomes a speck in your sea. [Sufi saying]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:52 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment