Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....107
2. A credit card adds to your credit; but adds even more to your creditors.
3. A truth told with bad intent, beats all the lies you can invent.
4. Friendship is a living thing that lasts as long as it is nourished with kindness, sympathy, and understanding.
5. True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in the worth and choice.
6. Discussion is an exchange of knowledge. Argument is an exchange of ignorance.
7. Tell your child to lie for you, and your child will learn to lie to you.
8. A good leader takes a little more than his share of blame, and a little less than his share of credit.
9. The pursuit of happiness is the wrong goal. You don't become happy by pursuing happiness. You become happy by living a life that means something.
10. One human being is no human being. None of us can truly be human in isolation. The qualities that make us human emerge only in the ways we relate to other people.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:45 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment