Monday, February 27, 2012
Pearls of wisdom 331
2. Every work, spiritual or otherwise, appears difficult in the beginning but perseverance makes it easy.
3. Real pleasure lies not in accumulation but in the distribution of wealth.
4. Love of God and love of mammon cannot subsist in one heart.
5. Malice and ill-will should be rooted out from the heart.
6. One who serves becomes the master.
7. Resignation to the will of God is the real key to peace and satisfaction in life.
8. The purpose of prayer is to get rid of self-conceit. One who is ego-centric and selfish cannot achieve anything spiritually.
9. Every wealth has its zakat, and the zakat of knowledge and learning is to act upon it.
10. Self-criticism and quarrel with one's own self is better than seventy years of prayer.
11. One should be kind-hearted and should deal with people with clemency.
12. Prayers should be inspired neither by the fear of hell nor by love of heaven. Love of God should be the only inspiring motive.
13. Honest dealings alone lead to lasting fame.
14. One should hide, rather than disclose the evil deeds of others.
15. A man is in his worst state when he considers himself good and pious. [Above quotes by Khwaja Nizamuddin Auliya]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:17 AM