Tuesday, February 07, 2012
Pearls of wisdom 329
2. Were it not for His kindliness of His veiling, no deed would be worthy of acceptance.
3. He who knows God, contemplates Him in everything. He who loves Him prefers nothing to Him.
4. Sometimes you will find more benefit in state of need than you find in fasting or ritual prayer.
5. If you want gifts to come your way, then perfect the spiritual poverty you have -- 'Alms are only for the needy.'
6. Sometimes darkness (difficulties/problems) come over you in order that He make you aware of the value of His blessings upon you.
7. Do not deem His giving to be slow; but rather, deem your approaching to be slow.
8. Your obedience does not benefit Him, and your disobedience does not harm Him. It is only for your own good that He commanded the one and prohibited the other.
9. His sublimity is not increased when someone draws near to Him, and His sublimity is not decreased when someone draws away from Him.
10. Beneficial knowledge is the one whose ray of light expands in the mind and uncover the veil over the heart. [Above quotes by Ibn Ata Allah Iskandari]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:03 AM