Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Monday, October 03, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 317
2. The right attitude toward fellow-men is that you should not lay burdens upon them but rather burden yourself for them.
3. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
4. Faith is not made perfect unless one desires for others what he desires for himself.
5. God alone should be the object of love and worship for the believer.
6. A believer's heart is free from defilement and from distraction, because of his love for his Lord.
7. A believer does not rely upon anything, save Him who he worships.
8. The means of cleansing the heart of all but Him is dhikr and concentration of every thought upon Him.
9. Love for God means soul's contemplation of Divine Attributes.
10. God grants the vision of His Divine Qualities to His friends (auliya) and hence His lovers love Him because He wants that He should be loved. [Above quotes by Imam Ghazali]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:31 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment