Friday, January 28, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 291
2. Decrease in one's food brings health.
3. Decrease in one's sleep brings worship -- tahajjud.
4. Decrease in one's meeting with the common folk brings safety.
5. Lofty stations are attained only through humility.
6. Jihad is victorious only through God given success.
6. Worldly honor may be through wealth, but heavenly honor is certainly through works.
7. Death -- a single words contains within it every goodly advice.
8. The Most Generous One only humiliates him who humiliates himself through persistent wickedness.
9. No matter how correct it may be, one should still strengthen one's opinion through consulting others.
10. It is not through his prayers nor fasts, rather, a person's measure is through how he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow men, his wisdom and his integrity. [Above quotes by Omar radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:23 AM