Friday, January 14, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 288
2. Showing patience in adversity is difficult -- but safe guarding the fruits of patience is even more so.
3. The changing of the times is always strange -- but being heedless throughout them is even more so.
4. The unfolding of your affairs is always imminent -- but the arrival of death is even more so.
5. Shyness and modesty of men is an excellent virtue -- but the shyness and modesty of women is even more so.
6. Repentance of an old man is a wonderful thing -- but that of the youth is even more so.
7. The generosity of the prince is an excellent affair -- but that of a peasant is even more so.
8. The sin of the youth is a grave thing indeed -- but that committed by an old man is even more so.
9. The fools indulgence in petty worldliness is an evil thing -- but the indulgence of the learned is even more so.
10. Laziness of the common folk in worshiping their Lord is a grave matter -- but that same laziness from the teachers and students of Sacred knowledge is even more so.
11. The arrogance of wealthy is something to be detested -- but that shown by the poor is even more so. [Above quotes by Abu Bakr radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:26 AM