Monday, January 24, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 290
2. Know that it is with ilm (knowledge) that you must speak, and that it is with hilm (forbearance) that you must remain silent.
3. Iman is that one recognizes the One True God in the depths of his heart, and confirms it with his tongue, and acts upon the Divine Prescriptions of Shariah.
4. Covetousness is poverty regardless of how rich one is.
5. Detachment is wealth regardless of how poor one is.
6. Not wanting vengeance is patience regardless if one was wronged or not.
7. Doing good for a good done to you is simply repayment, whereas doing good for an evil done to you is a tremendous virtue.
8. When both the lawful and the prohibited are present in a thing, it is its prohibited aspect which will always be most prominent.
9. If there is fear that even a tenth is haram then our way is to leave even the remaining nine tenths, though they be halal
10. Three things increase love among you:
a. Greeting one another with peace (salaam).
b. Giving up one's seat to another in gatherings.
c. Addressing one by that which he likes. [Above quotes by Omar radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:30 AM