Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 289
2. The heart is dead, but its living again lies in knowledge.
3. Knowledge too is dead, but its living again lies in seeking after it.
4. Erase old sins with new virtues.
5. He who busies himself in Lord's work, finds the Lord busy in his work.
6. The amount of knowledge which suffices the believer is that which keeps him in awe of the Divine.
7. The sole root of man's misery is his flapping his lips -- talking unnecessarily.
8. The seeker of deen increases in action through his knowledge, whereas the seeker of dunya increases only in information.
9. Man knows that he is weak, yet how strange that he continues to disobey the One Who is strongest of all.
10. Wretched is the one who dies, and his inequity lives on. [Above quotes by Abu Bakr radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:36 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment