Friday, December 31, 2010
Pearls of wisdom 286
2. Do not long for anything other than your Lord.
3. Let no one of you lacking knowledge be too shy to ask until he learns.
4. Do not delight in wealth, and do not be overwhelmed with grief when you are afflicted with poverty
5. Do not be saddened by tribulations.
6. Succeed with knowledge and live energetically forever.
7. Beware of the flight of blessings (because of ingratitude and abuse), for nothing that runs away is returned.
8. Islam is such a set of principles and beliefs that it will satisfy every seeker of truth.
9. Be a good man to Allah -- obedient slave, and a bad man to yourself -- desires, and be one of the commoners among the people.
10. Had there not been five bad qualities, all the people would have been righteous -- contentment with ignorance, love for worldly life, miserliness, ostentation in good deeds and pride in their own intelligence. [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:53 AM