Thursday, October 28, 2010
Pearls of wisdom 281
2. Always consider your intellect to be lacking; otherwise too much faith in it surely leads to error.
3. Seek Allah's refuge from the heedlessness which comes from prosperity; so deep it is -- it will take one very long to come out of it.
4. It is not in the make-up of a noble person to delay in rewarding not is it that of a generous one to exact revenge.
5. Even if Allah had not decreed to abstain from the foul and impure the man of intellect would still surely do so.
6. Do not consider admitting ignorance as a necessarily bad thing, for saying " I do not know" is itself half of knowledge.
7. Agreeing with everything one hears is from the habits of hypocrites and disputing with everything one hears is the breeding ground of enmity.
8. The sign that Allah is pleased with His servant is that His servant is pleased with His decree.
9. For those with spiritual insight, everything they lay eyes upon have within it a lofty message and a gentle reminder.
10. Slay your lowly desires with the sword of knowledge (Ilm); and your anger with the sword of forbearance (Hilm). [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:01 AM