Thursday, October 07, 2010
Pearls of wisdom 278
2. He who hears backbiting is counted with the backbiter and the one who endorses evil acts is considered evil-doer.
3. Obedience to Allah Most High is not attainable without self-restraint.
4. One cannot taste the relish of blessedness prior to tasting pang of misfortune.
5. Sign of satisfaction with God is that the servant resigns to Divine destiny.
6. For the people of spiritual insight, there is admonition in every glance and lesson in every experience.
7. The best gratefulness is that you share with others the bounties and blessings of God conferred on you.
8. Beware of having long term expectations (for this world), for it makes one forget his true purpose.
9. Thankfulness for blessings is the condition for attaining more blessings, and ingratitude for blessings is the condition for losing them.
10. The heights of felicity is reached through the breaking of bad habits. [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:08 AM