Thursday, October 14, 2010
Pearls of wisdom 279
2. Regret over misdeeds erases them, and pride over good deeds ruins them.
3. Vain desires is a ruinous companion, and bad habits make up a formidable foe.
4. To panic during a calamity is itself a greater calamity.
5. Honor lies in hastening to forgive, dishonor lies in hastening to revenge.
6. The more worldly greed in one's heart, the less certainty in God.
7. An evil person will not hold a good opinion of others, for, the best he can do is to think that others are like him.
8. Time wasted in youth must be made up in later years, if what you seek is a solicitous end.
9. Remain silent about favors done by you, yet proclaim the favors others do for you.
10. Self satisfaction is a sure sign of lacking intellect. [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:42 AM