Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Pearls of wisdom 273
2. Patience is a steed that never stumbles -- the relation of patience to faith is like that of the head to the body.
3. The human being is on a journey -- this world is an abode of passage, not an abode of rest.
4. The Divine word (Qur'an) is the infallible source of spiritual uplifting, it inspires joy and awe and leads to secret conversations with God -- for God reveals Himself to His servants in the holy Qur'an.
5. One who develops the trait of greediness and avarice invites degradation.
6. One who keeps on advertising his poverty and ill-luck will always be humiliated.
7. One who has no control over his tongue will often have to face embarrassment and discomfort.
8. Surrender and acceptance to the Will of God are the best companions.
9. Wisdom is the noblest heritage -- a wise man's mind is the safest custody of secrets.
10. Deep thinking will present the clearest picture of every problem -- patience and forbearance will hide and cover many defects. [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:01 AM