2. Ask Allah for constant safekeeping in the situation in which He has placed and installed you as a trial.
3. You do not know in which lies the good, whether in poverty of in affluence, in misfortune or in well-being.
4. He may be trying you in order to complete your human development, and to elevate your station.
5. He chooses for you the highest, the most splendid, the loftiest and the best, while you decline to accept.
6. Relate to the rich with dignity and to the poor with humility.
7. Practice humility and sincerity -- which means constant contemplation of the Creator.
8. Do not distrust Allah in worldly matters, but humbly submit to Him on all occasions.
9. Mortify yourself, so that you may come to life -- the people nearest to Allah Most High are those with the best moral character.
10. The best of deeds is keeping one's innermost being from any inclination toward that which is apart from Allah Most High. [Above quotes by Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani]