2. When you are in conformity with His commandment, all beings are at your command, and when you detest what He forbids, all loathsome things will flee from you wherever you happen to be.
3. An order (from Allah) calls for strict attention and a quick response, a prohibition calls for holding back, recoil and disengagement.
4. Slaves of passionate desire serve their passions, while slaves of Allah are servants of the Lord.
5. Slaves of this world behold this world, while slaves of Allah behold the Lord of earth and heaven.
6. Slaves of this world enjoy created comforts, while slaves of Allah feel at home with the Truth.
7. The hearts of slaves of this world are attached to earthly beings, while the hearts of slaves of Allah are attached to the Lord of the Throne.
8. Slaves of this world are preyed upon by those who notice, while slaves of Allah see only the Creator of all and whatever He may show.
9. Slaves of this world remain in pawn to the worldly cravings and perish, while slaves of Allah attain Him and achieve their salvation.
10. Slaves of Allah are extinct to the creation, to passion and will and desire, for they have attained to the King Most High, and He helps them to accomplish what He wants from them in the way of obedient worship, eulogy and praise. [Above quotes by Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani]