1. Separation from Him is a well, remembrance of Him is a rope.
2. His name is the Spirit of spirits. His invocation the Ruby of the mines.
3. His love is the Soul; He is both our Refuge and our Hope.
4. Man's spiritual aspiration (himmah) must be high, but he must never forget that God has given him his aspiration.
5. Think neither of acceptance nor rejection. But keep His commands and prohibitions constantly in view.
6. When you travel this road until your legs are exhausted and fall down flat, until you have no more strength to move forward, then God's grace will take you in its arms.
7. Everyone sees the Unseen in proportion to the clarity of his heart, and that depends upon how much he has polished it.
8. Become accustomed to God, for when your appointed time arrives, you will be parted unwillingly from these paintings of the Devil.
9. Stretch not your legs on this sweet carpet of earth, for it is a borrowed bed------fear the time when they will come to roll it up.
10. Make a journey from self to Self, for by such a journey the earth becomes a mine of gold. [Spiritual teachings of Mawlana Rumi]
Post a Comment