1. If anyone knows God, everything becomes of little importance for him.
2. If anyone asserts the unity of God, he associates nothing with Him.
3. If anyone has faith in God, he is safe from everything.
4. If anyone is resigned to God, rarely does he disobey Him.
5. If he does disobey Him, he begs of Him to be excused. If he begs of Him to be excused, his excuse is accepted.
6. If anyone has faith in the Divine apportionment (qisma), he should not dispute the Divine wisdom.
7. Love is a fundamental principle for enabling one to understand. So, if anyone loves God, he has from Him an understanding of everything.
8. There are two virtues that facilitate the way to God: mystical knowledge and love. Your love for material things renders you blind and deaf.
9. If you desire to defeat the adversary -- Satan, then you must have faith, trust, and sincere servant ship, and seek refuge with God from his incitements.
10. Whenever He hinders you from obtaining what you desire and makes you resort to what He desires, it is a sign of His love for you. [Above quotes by Shaykh Abul Hasan al Shadhili]
Post a Comment