Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....177
2. Do not neglect the purpose of discourse, its time, its quality, its quantity, and its place.
3. Never scorn to profit by anyone, nor be stingy in profiting others.
4. Beware of covetousness, for it is ever present poverty.
5. People are in poverty because they fear poverty.
6. Whoever occupies himself with insignificant things, then important things will by pass him.
7. One should not engage in vain discourse that is of no benefit to one's religious or worldly affairs.
8. When a person's intelligence is complete, his speech becomes less.
9. Speech is a necessary evil, but silence is salvation----so when you have to talk, do not be prolific.
10. You will never once repent from your silence, but often times you will repent of your speech. [Above quotes by Imam al Zarnuji]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:12 AM