Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....144
2. Avoid incurring debts; for a debt is a humiliation by day and a grief by night.
3. Entertain hopes of mercy from Allah, but let not your hopes make you bold in committing sins; be fearful of Allah and let not your fear make you despair of His mercy.
4. Busy yourself in the affairs of this world to the extent of the remaining period of your life.
5. Worship Allah according to the measure of your dependence upon Him.
6. Make preparation for the Hereafter according to the extent of your stay in that world.
7. Continue to struggle for redemption from Hell-Fire till you have attained it.
8. If you have the audacity to indulge in sins, do so to the extent that you can endure Hell-Fire.
9. When you want to commit a sin, look for a hiding place that is not being watched by Allah Most High and His angels.
10. Entertain good expectation from Allah without losing fear of His punishment, and fear of His punishment should not make you despair of His mercy. [Above quotes by Hakeem Luqman]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 12:54 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment