Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....139
2. Actions are lifeless forms, but the presence of an inner reality of sincerity within them is what endows them with life-giving spirit.
3. Your postponement of deeds till the time when you are free is one of the frivolities of the ego.
4. Your being on the look out for the vices hidden within you is better for you than your being on the look out for the invisible realities veiled from you.
5. The source of every disobedience, indifference, and passion is self-satisfaction. The source of every obedience, vigilance, and virtue is dissatisfaction is one self.
6. Travel not from creature to creature, otherwise you will be like a donkey at the mill; Rather, go from creatures to the Creator.
7. A sign of heart's death is the absence of sadness over the acts of obedience that you have neglected and the abandonment of regret over the mistakes that you have made.
8. You might be in a bad state; but your associating with one who is in a worse state makes you see virtue in yourself.
9. There is no minor sin when His justice confronts you; and there is no major sin when His grace confronts you.
10. Whoever does not draw near to God as a result of the caresses of love is shackled to Him with the chains of misfortune. [Above quotes by Ibn Ata'Allah]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:39 AM