Monday, March 16, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....141
2. The trials that arrive in this world are but reminders to you of what you ignore of indigence.
3. The best of your moments is the one wherein you witness the existence of your indigence and, through it, arrive at the existence of your lowliness.
4. There are two graces from which no being can be separated and that are inevitable for every creature--------the grace of existence, and the grace of sustenance.
5. Whoever supposes that His gentleness (lutf) is separate from His decree of fate (qadr) does so out of short sightedness.
6. Do not press claims against your Lord because your request has been delayed; instead, press claims against yourself for slackening in your behavior.
7. When He makes you submissive to His commands outwardly and provides you with resignation to His power inwardly, then He has enhanced the greatness of the favor accorded you.
8. He commanded you in this world to reflect upon His creation; but in the Hereafter He will reveal to you the perfection of His essence.
9. So long as you are in this world, be not surprised at the existence of sorrows. For, truly, it manifests nothing but what is in keeping with its character or its inevitable nature.
10. What has he found who has lost YOU, what has he lost who has found YOU. [Above quotes by Ibn Ata'Allah]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:24 AM