Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....140
2. Whoever is not thankful for graces runs the risk of losing them, and whoever is thankful fetters them with their own cords.
3. Be fearful lest the existence of His generosity towards you and the performance of your bad behavior towards Him not lead you step by step to ruin.
4. He made the Hereafter an abode to reward His believing servants only because this world cannot contain what He wishes to bestow upon them and because He deemed their worth too high to reward them in a world without permanence.
5. The real journey is when the world's dimension is rolled away from you so that you see the Hereafter closer to you than yourself.
6. Far be it for our Lord to recompense with credit the servant who deals with Him in cash.
7. Suffice it is a recompense for you for obedience that He has judged you worthy of obedience.
8. When He gives, He shows you His kindness; when He deprives, He shows you His power. And in all that, He is making Himself known to you and coming to you with His gentleness.
9. Deprivation hurts you only because of the lack of your understanding of God in it.
10. When He loosens you tongue with a request, then know that He wants to give you something. [Above quotes by Ibn Ata'Allah]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:25 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment