Thursday, February 26, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....135
2. Consider not a man worthless until you had a chance to converse with him.
3. Health and well-being on the one hand and gluttony on the other are mutually exclusive.
4. Face off your difficulties with patience; and fence in your blessings with thankfulness.
5. A man's intellect becomes apparent from his speech; as does his character from the goodness of his action.
6. Always consider your intellect to be lacking; otherwise too much faith in it surely leads to error.
7. Seek Allah's refuge from the heedlessness which comes from prosperity; so deep it is, that it will take one very long to climb out of it.
8. It is not in the make-up of a noble person to delay in rewarding nor is it that of a generous one to exact revenge.
9. Even if Allah had not decreed to abstain from the foul and impure the man of intellect would still surely do so.
10. Do not consider admitting ignorance as a necessarily bad thing, for saying, "I do not know" is itself half of knowledge. [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:27 AM