Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....129
2. He who does not know the value of graces/blessings when they are present knows their value when they are absent.
3. Do not deem His giving to be slow; but rather, deem your approaching to be slow.
4. That part of your life that has gone is irreplaceable, and that which has arrived is priceless.
5. You have not loved anything without being its slave, but He does not want you to be someone else's slave.
6. Your obedience does not benefit Him, and your disobedience does not harm Him. It is only for your own good that He commanded the one and prohibited the other.
7. His sublimity is not increased when someone draws near to Him, and His sublimity is not decreased when someone draws away from Him.
8. When Divine inspirations come upon you, they demolish your habits; "Surely the kings, when they enter a town, ruin it."
9. That which hearts find in the way of worries and sadnesses is due to that which prevents their having inner vision.
10. Beneficial knowledge is the one whose ray of light expands in the mind and uncovers the veil over the heart. [Above quotes by Ibn Ata'Allah]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:37 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment