Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....133
2. Thankfulness for blessings is the condition for attaining more blessings; and ingratitude for blessings is the condition for losing them.
3. Death is always a silent companion.
4. The heights of felicity are reached through breaking of bad habits.
5. The wise attain honor through their humbleness, whereas the fool bears humiliation through his haughtiness.
6. Regrets over misdeeds erases them, and pride over good deeds ruins them.
7. Vain desires is a ruinous companion, and bad habits make up a formidable foe.
8. The intellect of a man lies under his tongue.
9. To panic during a calamity is itself a greater calamity.
10. Honor lies in hastening to forgive. Dishonor lies in hastening to revenge. [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:23 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment