Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....88
2. If we are to have peace in the world, we must begin at home.
3. One of the most serious faults is ingratitude. We are corrupted not so much by anything as our inability to appreciate what we are gifted with.
4. Look beneath the surface of most people and you will find things to appreciate.
5. The partnership in marriage can be compared to a lock and a key which join together to form a functioning unit. Each is distinct, yet neither is complete in and of itself.
6. Material things bring convenience, comfort, and pleasure; yet they don't compare to the peace which comes from living within your income.
7. Happiness is the bud, blossom, and the fruit of good actions------it must be earned.
8. Inner-happiness is a happiness of spirit, serenity, tranquility, and peace of soul-------achieved through the obedience to the Creator.
9. Unhappiness arises from weakness of character, sin, failure to fulfill responsibility, or self-centeredness.
10. Happiness is through overcoming our weaknesses, performing our duties, losing our self-centeredness, and putting ourselves in harmony with eternal laws.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:06 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment