Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Sunday, May 28, 2006
LESSON OF THE DAY 561
We have varied presentations in this Recital, that they may bear in mind, but it only increases their aversion. Say: "Were there deities beside God as they say, then they would have sought a way to the Lord of the Throne." Glory be to God, exalted beyond whatever they say in loftiness and greatness. [17: 41,42,43]
Hadith of the Day:
The best charity a Muslim practices is acquiring some knowledge and teaching it to his brother. [Ibn Majah]
Wise Quote of the Day:
Knowledge is a pre-requisite of action, and unless our activism in the West is based on sound religious knowledge, it will be devoid of Divine acceptance and help. It is only by holding fast to the inheritors of our tradition that Islam will succeed in the West. [Hamza Karam Ali]
Guidance of the Day:
Allah Most High says in the Torah:
7. Mankind! I have created all things for you and I have created you for My worship. But you have become trapped in what has been created for your service, and you have drifted away from Me for the sake of others.
8. Mankind! All creation desires something for themselves, while I desire you for your own sake, but you run from Me.
9. Mankind! You are displeased with Me because of the desires of the lower self, but never did you become displeased with your lower self for My sake.
10. Mankind! Worshipping Me is obligatory on you, and providing you sustenance is obligatory upon Me. But in most cases you are negligent in your duty, while I'm never negligent in feeding you.
11. Mankind! You seek future sustenance even today, but I do not desire from you the worship of the future.
12. Mankind! You will forever remain in peace and comfort if you are content with what I have given you. If you are not content with it, I will assert the greed of the world over you. It will then cause you to run from pillar to post, and from door to door, like a dog, in utter humiliation, and then too you will obtain only what has been predestined for you. [The Path to Perfection]
Food for Thought:
Be a student. Stay open and willing to learn from everyone and anyone. Being a student means you have room for new input.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 7:19 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment