Friday, May 26, 2006
LESSON OF THE DAY 560
Of all of that, it is the evil of it that is repugnant to your Lord. That is some of the wisdom your Lord revealed to you by inspiration. Do not invent another deity beside God, or you will be thrown into Hell, condemned and banished. [17: 38,39]
Hadith of the Day:
The most virtuous behavior is to engage those who sever relations, to give to those who withhold from you, and to forgive those who wrong you. [Tabarani]
Wise Quote of the Day:
The word trust contains an ocean of meaning, but underneath it all is the sense of responsibility, the sense of having to appear before Allah and to account for one's actions. [Muhammad al Ghazali]
Guidance of the Day:
The Commander of the believers, our master Ali ibn Abi Talib (may Allah ennoble his countenance) said, "I have selected from the noble Torah twelve statements, and I reflect on these statements daily; Allah Most High says:
1. Mankind! Never fear any devil or king as long as My reigns endure.
2. Mankind! Never be worried about our food as long as you find My treasuries full. My treasuries never decrease, nor will they be depleted.
3. Mankind! When you become helpless in any affair, call upon Me, and most certainly, you will find Me. I am Bestower of all things and all goodness.
4. Mankind! Be assured that I regard you as My friend. You, therefore, befriend me.
5. Mankind! Do not cease to fear Me until you have crossed the bridge (on the day of judgment).
6. Mankind! I have created you out of dust, blood clot, and sperm. I was not without perfect power when creating you, so how then should I be without perfect power to feed you? Why, then, do you seek from others? [The Path of Perfection]
Food for Thought:
Instead of saying, "Why is this happening to me? Isn't this awful. Poor me," begin to say, "What do I have to learn from this?"
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 4:12 PM