Friday, February 13, 2015
Pearls of Wisdom 368
2. Know that it is with ilm (knowledge) that you must speak, and that it is with hilm (forbearance) that you must remain silent.
3. Iman (faith) is that one recognizes the One True God in the depths of his heart, and that he confirms it with his tongue, and that he acts upon the Divine Prescriptions of the Shariah.
4. Covetousness itself is poverty regardless of how rich one is; detachment itself is wealth regardless of how poor one is.
5. Doing good for a good done to you is simply repayment, whereas doing good for an evil done to you is a tremendous virtue.
6. When both the lawful and the prohibited are present in a thing, it is its prohibited aspect which will always be most prominent.
7. Decrease in one's speech brings wisdom; decrease in one's food brings health; decrease in one's sleep brings worship.
8. Lofty stations are attained only through humility.
9. Worldly honor may be through wealth, but heavenly honor is certainly through works.
10. Death -- A single word which contains within it every goodly advice. [Omar radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 3:30 PM