Monday, November 21, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 322
2. Even if the spirit does not reach heaven, every moment it achieves a loftier height.
3. We may not attain to the Essence of God, but remembrance of Him, whether it be with the tongue or in the heart leave its mark upon us.
4. It is only burnished breast freed from greed, avarice, and hate, a heart cleansed of all taints of corruption that can reflect the Divine Light.
5. Death is no occasion for sorrow, but an occasion for rejoicing for it means Homeward flight of the human spirit, freed from the trammels of matter.
6. If you have no eyes, do not walk blindly; take a staff in your hand.
7. If you have no staff of insight, do not walk without a guide.
8. Hidden creatures good and bad always touch the heart -- the touch of the angel is inspiration; Satanic touches temptations untold.
9. Tarry with patience until your confusion is resolved and you know whom you rejected and who became the leader of your heart.
10. As he beheld the light of God he felt protected, and was delivered from the throes of doubt. [Mawlana Rumi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:27 AM