Monday, November 14, 2011
Means to increase Allah's love....
1. To read, understand and consider the Qur'an carefully.
2. To keep on coming closer to Allah by performing Nawafil (optional good deeds). Such an action will help one to be lifted to the rank of being Allah's beloved after one loves His Lord.
3. To mention Allah at all states and in all occasions. The more you mention Allah, the more beloved you will be.
4. To prefer what Allah likes to what one likes.
5. To think about Allah's Names and Attributes, since whoever becomes aware of His Names and Attributes will certainly love Him.
6. To think of Allah's innumerable blessings and favors, hidden and apparent.
7. To show subordination, submission and surrender to Allah, The Great and Almighty.
8. To perform optional prayers at midnight and read Qur'an and to end such actions with repentance and seeking forgiveness.
9. To associate with the righteous and religious and to get benefit from their good words.
10. To avoid every misdeed and sin that may come between a slave and His Lord, Allah.
As for acquiring the Messenger's Love (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam), know that there are two matters that bring forth such a love:
1. To consider carefully the Qur'anic verses that describe and praise the Prophet's (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) character such as: "And verily, you (O Muhammad SAW) are on an exalted standard of character." [68:4].
2. To read and regard the Prophet's (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) biography, good features and stories attentively.
Allah knows best.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:27 AM