1. On the day of judgment you shall not be asked about your wealth or honor, or your ancestry and acquisitions, but for the spiritual practices undergone and the worship you have performed.
2. God is not met until you are extremely distressed for Him, and seek Him as a drowning person calls for help.
3. He who does not bridle his tongue is abashed.
4. Seek counsel from such people who are well-versed in His obedience.
5. He who seeks company of everyone is not safe, he who treads wrong path is calumniated.
6. His worship without repentance is not right, since Allah Most High has preferred repentance over His adoration.
7. Islam is entirely discipline, he who is not conscious of it, is unfortunate.
8. Afflictions descend not for perdition but for trial and probation.
9. Sin is like cancer -- if it is not given up, it keeps growing.
10. Whoever does not behave toward his brethren as he behaves toward himself is not paying brotherhood its due. [Above quotes by Imam Ja'far Sadiq]