Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, March 04, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 299
2. Agreeing with everything one hears is from the habits of hypocrites and disputing with everything one hears is the breeding ground of enmity.
3. The sign that Allah is pleased with His servant is that His servant is pleased with His decree.
4. For those of spiritual insight, every thing they lay lies upon have within it a lofty message and a gentle reminder.
5. Slay your lowly desires with the sword of knowledge (ilm), and your anger with the sword of forbearance (hilm).
6. Go not near places of wickedness and indecency, for they are epicenters of Allah's wrath, and punishment.
7. The best of the words is that which is confirmed by the best of the actions.
8. When a man's character becomes goodly, his words become lofty.
9. What a tremendous gift has been given to the one who finds acts of disobedience difficult.
10. Perfecting one's intellect causes one to speak less, and those words spoken will be adorned with wisdom.
11. The noble scholar becomes humble in gaining knowledge, while the ignoble matches his increase in knowledge with an equal share of arrogance. [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment