Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Pearls of wisdom 284
2. Wisdom is the name of the trait of remembering experiences and making use of them.
3. The best experience is the one that gives the best warning and advice.
4. Take advantage of opportunities before they turn their backs upon you.
5. The worst form of folly is to waste the opportunities of this life and to lose salvation.
6. For every action there is a reaction (watch out for your actions).
7. Take care and do not be fooled by flattery.
8. Do not disappoint a person who holds a good opinion of you, and do not make him change his opinion.
9. Keep complete control over your temper and anger -- for I have never found anything more beneficial at the end and more productive of good results than such control.
10. Grant favor and be considerate of your enemy -- you will thus gain one or the other of the two victories: One, rising above your enemy; the other, reducing the intensity of his enmity. [Above quotes by Ali radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:38 AM